Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album Art in iTunes 10.2

I copied 2 purchased CDs into iTunes earlier and gracenote found the track info but the album art couldnt be found by iTunes... interestingly enough its an album available in the iTunes Store. I mean surely this is a bug?

Anyone else having similar problems?

Also Does anyone else use the amazon album art widget to get artwork that iTunes doesnt recognise?

It doesnt seem to work with iTunes 10.2 it just comes up with an error saying "iTunes isnt running".

iMac 21.5" 3.06Ghz 4Gb RAM, MacBook 2Ghz 2Gb RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 5, 2011 10:16 AM

9 replies

Mar 5, 2011 10:24 AM in response to DMarsh

DMarsh wrote:
I copied 2 purchased CDs into iTunes earlier and gracenote found the track info but the album art couldnt be found by iTunes... interestingly enough its an album available in the iTunes Store. I mean surely this is a bug?

Anyone else having similar problems?

It's not unusual. The art lookup mechanism is not that robust and may fail to get the correct art or indeed any art at all, even when the album is available in the store. Google is your friend...

Also Does anyone else use the amazon album art widget to get artwork that iTunes doesnt recognise?

It doesnt seem to work with iTunes 10.2 it just comes up with an error saying "iTunes isnt running".

Nope, don't use it, but I guess the widget will need updating to work with the newer build.

tt2

Mar 5, 2011 11:03 AM in response to DMarsh

I don't have a solution within iTunes but for high quality artwork I heartily recommend the Album Art Exchange at: http://www.albumartexchange.com/ Their standards are 600x600, 800x800, and 1000x1000 pixels. It is a user community so sometimes there are non-standard sized offerings as well. But there are 144,250 images which includes duplicates and variations of album artwork.

Dec 4, 2011 7:07 AM in response to DMarsh

The problem that you were having with the Amazon Album Art Widget has to do with going from iTunes 9 to iTunes 10. The widget wasn't set-up to properly distinguish a 2 digit number. A friend of mine went into the code and fixed that for me. However, now there is a different problem, Amazon has changed the name/location of where it stores the album art files and the widget doesn't work anymore. If I can figure out where and how to change that I'll see if I can upload a new version somewhere.

Album Art in iTunes 10.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.