Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remember my email address

How can I make my iPhone remember my email address and suggest it when I start typing it.
Using the web is a constant process of entering my email to log into sites and it's intensely frustrating to have to keep typing something that the phone could easily store in the tiniest bit of memory.
I tried adding a Japanese tenkey keyboard but although it works for other words, it won't remember or suggest my email. Probably because it is a mix of characters, letters and numbers (like any email is).
Anyway, the Japanese keyboard thing is a ridiculous workaround to what is obviously a common problem.
Please help, I'm wasting my life typing in this email, laboriously switching between numbers and letters. Yawn

Iphone, iOS 4

Posted on Mar 6, 2011 5:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 1:40 PM

This is for iOS9. I'm not sure of the exact settings for earlier OS's.

SETTINGS / GENERAL / KEYBOARD / TEXT REPLACEMENT

Tap + (plus sign) to add a new shortcut

Phrase: Type here what you want it to save, i.e. your email address

Shortcut: type here the shortcut you want to use to pull up your email address

Thus lets say your email address is hungrydaveATgmail.com then set the shortcut to something like HD or HDG

When you type in those letters your email address will pop up as an quick option.

No more typing in hungrydaveATgmail.com over and over.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2015 1:40 PM in response to hungrydave

This is for iOS9. I'm not sure of the exact settings for earlier OS's.

SETTINGS / GENERAL / KEYBOARD / TEXT REPLACEMENT

Tap + (plus sign) to add a new shortcut

Phrase: Type here what you want it to save, i.e. your email address

Shortcut: type here the shortcut you want to use to pull up your email address

Thus lets say your email address is hungrydaveATgmail.com then set the shortcut to something like HD or HDG

When you type in those letters your email address will pop up as an quick option.

No more typing in hungrydaveATgmail.com over and over.

Sep 19, 2017 6:31 PM in response to hungrydave

I went into my contacts, clicked on my name and made sure my email address was included in my contact info then went into settings and clicked on my name in the auto fill section and then went to a web site that I needed to put my email addy into and as soon as I clicked on the box where I had to input my address it showed up in the auto fill to select yay no more typing that ***** in

Sep 30, 2013 12:54 PM in response to dilbert41

I'll check on that, thanks Dilbert.

Regardless, come to think of it I've yet to see iOS automatically input ANY of my information on any given form I'm asked to fill out whilst using Safari. (ie: automatically populate the info fields)

When is the autofill feature actually utilized? It must be under a very specific criteria under which things are autofilled, given the metadata of a specific page's field.

Thanks!

Sep 30, 2013 12:39 PM in response to hungrydave

This "Autofill" solution does NOT automatically fill in email address even when turned on.

I would like a universal solution for this issue, even when I am using individual apps that request my email, not just for web pages in Safari.

This does seem like it would be quite the simple solution and already integrated as a microfeature of iOS but there's assuredly no sort of "universal" personal email autofill on the phone (none that I am aware of, at least)

Remember my email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.