Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages and dropbox

Im using dropbox and I'm able to open a file from the dropbox folder using numbers or pages on my iPad but then the changes i make to the files don't sync back to the copy of the file in dropbox, it just saves as a new file in the numbers or pages app. Isn't there a way to save those edits to the dropbox file? That way the changes would then sync to the files online and on my PowerBook.... That kinda seems like the point to dropbox?????? What am I missing? 🙂

PowerBook g4, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Ipad

Posted on Mar 7, 2011 6:29 PM

5 replies

Mar 7, 2011 6:38 PM in response to kDizzle603

Yes and no... not all apps "sync" back to Dropbox - you can use Dropbox to store the document and then open it in Pages, but it is very likely that you can not save it back to Dropbox. Apple likely doesn't give support for that because they'd prefer you to use MobileMe for that ... I use Documents to Go, and upgraded to the premium version for that exact reason - it was the only way I could have my changes saved in DropBox (the basic version wouldn't allow changes).

Pages and dropbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.