Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Diashow with 1440x1080 Video - wrong presentation format

Hello community,

I use Aperture 3 for stills and videos and use the 'ad hoc diashow' option very often (mark some photos and videos and choose diashow).

Now I bought a new photo camera that supports HD video format 1440x1080.

Here is the problem: If I choose the diashow option with this video format, the presentation is compressed to a 4:3 format. That happens only in the diashow presentation. Watching the video by doubleclick from the browser everything looks fine (16x9 format).

Is this a bug ???

Regards
Christian

MacMini, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 8, 2011 1:56 AM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2013 7:50 AM in response to christianbolle

Hi,

this is a long time ago question with no answer, but maybe someone has a solution now.

I'm having the same problem.

If I use mp4 format in my Sony Alpha-65 instead of AVCHD, it creates mp4 videos with 1440*1080 pixel and 16:9 aspect ratio, with 25 fps, AVC (Main@L4.0).

These are 16:9 videos and displayed with 1920*1080 pixel in all applications including Quicktime, Aperture, etc.

Just if I use this video in a diashow in Aperture it is compressed and uses a 1440*1080 format with something like a 4:3 aspect ratio..

As this only appears in Aperture diashows, it seams to be a problem there.

Any idea?

Diashow with 1440x1080 Video - wrong presentation format

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.