Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple connector for car...does it exist?

does apple make a cable like this for line level audio out for my car apple connector to 3.5mm ( i have the 3.5mm plug in my car)?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?cid=108&cp_id=10831&cs_id=1083101&pid=6225&seq=1&format=2

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 8, 2011 9:12 AM

7 replies

Mar 8, 2011 10:23 AM in response to deggie

i want to get one for my parents. i have one but they dont sell them anymore. plus i have read on here about using cables on ios4 that are not apples cause the
"This accessory is not optimized for this iPhone..." (of whatever the exact wording is)

my local apple store said "In those situations you would use a headphone to headphone cable"

Message was edited by: housemr

Message was edited by: housemr

Mar 8, 2011 1:37 PM in response to housemr

Rather than a straight line out with no connection to the amplifier or volume control recent iPods have a volume tap (with the volume control) and can be used to adjust output volume.

Unless you bypass the DAC in the iPod and use a very high end outboard one, like the Wadia, and have your music in AIFF, WAV, or Apple Lossless format you won't hear any difference.

apple connector for car...does it exist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.