Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove contextual menu items?

Hey.

How do I remove items from the contextual menu in finder? I have Textwrangler installed, which places it's own "Open File in Textwrangler" item at the bottom of my right click menu. This is annoying, as I don't use the app that often, and when I do it's only for a few html files located in one folder. I don't need the menu item. I have looked in Library/Contextual Menu Items and ~/Library/Cont.. Items and there is nothing there. As far as I can see the app doesn't include the preference to remove it either.

Thanks in advance.

Please, don't link me to unrelated KB articles in search of 'solved points'. I'm not here for that crap.

 iMac 20" 2.0GHz 2GB Aluminium, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 8, 2011 3:35 PM

10 replies

May 1, 2013 9:20 AM in response to seoinabruzzo

Yeah, we seem to be screwed - Mountain Lion as well. Nothing shows up in that box. I'm trying to delete an item that was installed by Bitcasa (stay away from that one!!!). No entry in System Prefs - nothing in Contextual Menu Items Prefs (not even sure what that's for anymore - unless it's to provide "backward" compatibility - don't you just love that term?).

I have wasted so much time this AM fiddling and futzing around with this issue!

How do I remove contextual menu items?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.