Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime Activation Could not sign in

Hi,
i bought ipod touch 4g for facetime.
and i can't activate it!
it stops on ipod>settings>Facetime='FaceTime Activation, Could not sign in. Please Check your network connection and try again.'

i have used all the solutions for facetime but all in vain.
1) Time and date settings Check (even change them and again corrected)
2) All Ports are open verified with simple port tester (on windows 7 off course i changed the ip address)Ports are open.
3) My Apple id is email (not ME one) contain combination of alpha numeric,small and capital.
4) Restore 2/3 times ios 4.2.1
5) Tried DNS Setting to Google's 8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4
6) Created New ID in facetime and password entered carefully!
7) Tried 3 apple IDs (i don't like this But i wanted to run facetime)

i also have Iphone 4 facetime works great on it! i love this feature!
i tried to install Tango on Ipod! it installed but stops responding connecting (on Ipod touch 4), so tango also not working. i am just informing about tango. I want facetime to wrok.

Please Help me! I think this is from Apple server side problem!
Thanks in Advance

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 9, 2011 6:21 AM

9 replies

May 22, 2011 8:08 AM in response to Roosevelt Jones

Hi. Sorry for the delay, I've been away.

Anyway short answer no.

I can now sign in (no idea why, but suddenly it worked). However it still doesn't work to make calls. Nobody can call me and I cannot call anyone.

From my side, if I call an email address it says the person is not available on Facetime. If I call a number for an iPhone 4, when they answer we can't hear each other.

If someone calls me, it rings for them but nothing happens on my iPad.

May 22, 2011 11:17 AM in response to Psi

You may want to ask your question under a new discussion thread so you can be the Original Poster(OP) there. You will continue to receive emails from the other threads you have posted to. I think it will allow folks responding to focus on your particular situation. Also you will have to post your troubleshooting results only once.

Now that you are past the FaceTime login step, where are you in the troubleshooting steps in the iOS:Using FaceTime article at http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/facetime/?

Again, if you can ask and answer in a new thread/topic, that would be great.

FaceTime Activation Could not sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.