4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2013 8:09 AM by paulcb
nash57 Level 1 Level 1
Am I able to do this on my iPhone4? How?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Original 1st Gen .Mac member
Solved by Allan Sampson on Mar 9, 2011 10:06 AM Solved
No - there is not an option to include a graphic/image attachment as a signature or as an attachment to your signature. Since the iPhone's Mail app supports composing in plain text only, it would be sent as an attachment if this were supported. All email clients do not support showing graphic/image attachments as inline or viewed in place within the of the message and if not, the recipient would need to select and open the attached file to see your signature as with any other file sent as an attachment to a message.
  • Allan Sampson Level 10 Level 10
    No - there is not an option to include a graphic/image attachment as a signature or as an attachment to your signature. Since the iPhone's Mail app supports composing in plain text only, it would be sent as an attachment if this were supported. All email clients do not support showing graphic/image attachments as inline or viewed in place within the body of the message and if not, the recipient would need to select and open the attached file to see your signature as with any other file sent as an attachment to a message.
  • nash57 Level 1 Level 1
    Thanks... I guess.
  • David Glasgow1 Level 1 Level 1

....and of course, if you sent out emails with a nice attached signature, it would be very easy for bad people to use it to 'sign' documents with your signature.

• paulcb Level 6 Level 6

... and it's a waste of bandwidth

... and it can cause problems on some email clients that are text only