Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multitasking Gestures not installed after iPad 4.3 update from iTunes

Installed 4.3; Multitasking Gestures did not install in General Setting; they are absent and of course gestures don't work. Whats the solution to activate them ; reinstall 4.3?

Aluminum iMac 20 inch, Mac OS X (10.6.5), 4 gigs RAM 2.66 Ghz

Posted on Mar 9, 2011 11:51 AM

46 replies

Mar 9, 2011 12:10 PM in response to Julian Wright

I am a mother of a 9 year old boy who has sever seizures his class has started using the ipad and it is amazing to see what he can do with it. He is classified as severely multiply impaired. I really want to purchase the ipad but the prices is out of my budget do you have any knowledge of grants to help purchase these for children

Mar 9, 2011 12:13 PM in response to Maghan

Maghan wrote:
I am a mother of a 9 year old boy who has sever seizures his class has started using the ipad and it is amazing to see what he can do with it. He is classified as severely multiply impaired. I really want to purchase the ipad but the prices is out of my budget do you have any knowledge of grants to help purchase these for children

Hello, Maghan, and welcome to the Discussions.

Contact your local charity organizations, particularly those that work with your son's particular issue, and see if they have any resources that could help.

Good luck.

P.S. It's usually best if you start a new topic when you have a new question/issue (use the "Post a new topic" link at the top of each main topic page) rather than as a reply in someone else's thread. It's more courteous to the original poster, and is more likely to get your question the attention it deserves.

Regards.

Mar 9, 2011 12:14 PM in response to raspberryaddiction

raspberryaddiction wrote:
Ah; I had just figured that if gestures were on 4.3 beta they'd be on the final release. So I guess gestures will come in 4.4?

You responded to the wrong person, but anyway, your guess is as good as ours when, or indeed if, such a feature will appear. It wouldn't be the first time that Apple had a feature in a developer preview that never made it into release. So we'll have to wait and see.

Regards.

Mar 9, 2011 2:11 PM in response to varjak paw

I agree with what you are saying. I'm just confused as to why my collegue who just opened up a bunch of IPads for a project has several 1st generation ipads that have multitouch gestures enabled (and an option in the settings to disable them). He hasn't jailbroken them or done anything to them short of installing the update from ITunes... Just inconsistent on Apple's part.

Mar 9, 2011 2:13 PM in response to Gira

Multi-touch gestures are not officially part of the OS. There is no way to enable them by installing the firmware in itunes alone. You need to be part of the developer program and follow the instructions given to you from the beta program on how to enable them. Your colleague must has done an additional step in order to get multi-touch gestures to work. We cannot discuss this further due to the rules of these forums and the User Agreement that goes with it.

Multitasking Gestures not installed after iPad 4.3 update from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.