Skip navigation

Genius Bar - not 'working' last 36-48 hours?

1273 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2011 12:24 PM by Ssabrina Kapp RSS
Ssabrina Kapp Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 10, 2011 7:33 AM
Please forgive my posting this here - I don't see anywhere else to ask and you all have been kind and helpful in the past! I think I probably need to take my MBP in to have someone take a look at a couple of things, but have not been successful making an appointment online. I believe, based on previous experience, that you can't even call to make any appointment so if the site isn't working properly, you're out of luck - right? Anyone have any experience with this? Is it related to tomorrow's release of the iPad2? I can go to a 3rd party repair shop that I trust, but had hoped someone at the Genius Bar would have a quick solution and no labor charge!
MBP 2008 (?) 15", Mac OS X (10.6.6)
  • Tuttle Level 7 Level 7 (28,960 points)
    Mar 10, 2011 9:18 AM (in response to Ssabrina Kapp)
    Genius Bars near me are very busy, but I've found that I can usually walk in to an Apple Store and get an appointment within an hour or within a day. Try that.
    mbp 17 | 15 _10.6.6 | g5 imac | pb 17 _10.5.8 | imac dv se_10.4.11
  • saxas Calculating status...
    Mar 10, 2011 9:29 AM (in response to Tuttle)
    Give the store nearest you a call, they will set up an appointment for you. Alternatively, and I just did this myself, if the store is busy 1-800-My-Apple will set up an appointment for you at your nearest Apple location's Genius Bar. All I did was give them my zip-code, picked the best store for me to get to, and they listed off times in which the Genius Bar at that store had an opening.

Message was edited by: saxas
    macbook pro 15" 2.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 (early 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.