4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2011 12:24 PM by Ssabrina Kapp
Ssabrina Kapp Level 1 Level 1
Please forgive my posting this here - I don't see anywhere else to ask and you all have been kind and helpful in the past! I think I probably need to take my MBP in to have someone take a look at a couple of things, but have not been successful making an appointment online. I believe, based on previous experience, that you can't even call to make any appointment so if the site isn't working properly, you're out of luck - right? Anyone have any experience with this? Is it related to tomorrow's release of the iPad2? I can go to a 3rd party repair shop that I trust, but had hoped someone at the Genius Bar would have a quick solution and no labor charge!

MBP 2008 (?) 15", Mac OS X (10.6.6)
Reply by saxas on Mar 10, 2011 9:29 AM Helpful
Give the store nearest you a call, they will set up an appointment for you. Alternatively, and I just did this myself, if the store is busy 1-800-My-Apple will set up an appointment for you at your nearest Apple location's Genius Bar. All I did was give them my zip-code, picked the best store for me to get to, and they listed off times in which the Genius Bar at that store had an opening.Message was edited by: saxas

All replies

• Tuttle Level 7 Level 7
    expertise.frontrow
    FrontRow
    Genius Bars near me are very busy, but I've found that I can usually walk in to an Apple Store and get an appointment within an hour or within a day. Try that.
  • saxas Level 1 Level 1
    Give the store nearest you a call, they will set up an appointment for you. Alternatively, and I just did this myself, if the store is busy 1-800-My-Apple will set up an appointment for you at your nearest Apple location's Genius Bar. All I did was give them my zip-code, picked the best store for me to get to, and they listed off times in which the Genius Bar at that store had an opening.

Message was edited by: saxas
  • Ssabrina Kapp Level 1 Level 1
    Thank you! I've never been able to make an appointment via phone, so it helps to know it CAN be done Our store has had a standing line just waiting to get in, for some time now, so I hate to just show up (given that it's almost an hour from home).
  • Ssabrina Kapp Level 1 Level 1
    Just in case this has been relevant to anyone else ... I tried calling the 800 # but it states that you must make a Genius Bar appt online. Fortunately, I've since been able to get through via the web site and have an appointment for tonight.