Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to find FaceTime on 4.3

Hi all,
My brother-in-law has a iphone 4, in fact it's his third one, first one was dropped by one of his kids, second one had problem with the battery as it got very hot when charging, now this one, Only got it last night.

He is running 4.3, I have asked him to search for FaceTime by searching for Face but all he can see is Facebook.

Any ideas?

Hugh

Mid 2010 iMac 21.5" i3, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 10, 2011 11:19 AM

5 replies

Mar 10, 2011 11:26 AM in response to hugh_fraser

FaceTime is not a separate app with the iPhone as is required with a Mac, with an iPod Touch, and as will be required with the iPad 2 that is being released this week in the U.S.

FaceTime is built in with the iPhone 4. All you need to do is turn FaceTime on at Settings > Phone > FaceTime. To initiate a FaceTime call with a contact that has an iPhone 4, you can call the contact first to confirm the contact is connected to an available wi-fi network and then switch to a FaceTime video call from there, or initiate a FaceTime call direct without calling the contact first by selecting FaceTime below the contact's info.

Sounds like it may be a good idea for your friend to at least glance through the iPhone user guide.

Not able to find FaceTime on 4.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.