Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash player does not run with Safari 5.0.4

Hi Friends:

Two days ago, I installed an upgrade of Safari to 5.0.4 (6533.20.27); since this upgrade, any web page that use flash player is not working, instead of the images appears a message "module not found" and in web pages like Facebook or Youtube, if you try to run video, the system show a message "It's necessary to update flash player".

I uninstalled flash player and installed it again using the last version provided by adobe ( 10.2.152.33 ) but after that the answer is the same.

Any Ideas?

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 11, 2011 6:02 AM

7 replies

Mar 11, 2011 7:49 AM in response to lfhring

Hi

does it show in Safari-Help-Installed Plug-Ins ?

if not - is Safari-Preferences-Security-'Enable Plug-Ins' checked On ?
test with Safari extensions disabled via Safari-Preferences-Extensions

You've no duplicate Flash Player.plugin in Home/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ ?
in addition to the one that should be in HD/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/

does Flash work in a New User Account ?

Mar 11, 2011 8:54 AM in response to andyBall_uk

Hi andyBall_uk:

First thanks a lot for your help; in answer to your requests:

- flash player is not duplicated, I checked the folders indicated
- I just try in a new user account and the problem is the same

But for your first question (Installed plug-ins), I check on the file Plug-ins.html in Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/Spanish.lproj/Plug-ins.html and the file looks "EMPTY", nothing is inside it.

What can I do?

Mar 11, 2011 9:12 AM in response to lfhring

Hi

since this happens in a new user account too, we can presumably exclude the user settings for enable plug-ins, which would cause a near-identical problem (Blank plug-ins page), as well as Safari extensions & other per-account add-ons.

Do you have any add-ons in HD/Library/InputManagers/ ?

tried quitting Safari, temporarily moving all except the Flash Player.plugin from HD/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ & testing again ?

(sometimes a plugin can interfere with others on Safari, yet other browsers behave normally)

Mar 11, 2011 9:33 AM in response to andyBall_uk

Hi andyBall_uk:

Good news, I just move all plug-ins from the folder (except flash), then I disabled the plug-ins, I exited from safari and I runned it again, then I activated the plug-ins again and its working again.

I thing that one of the other plugins interfere with flash; I will going to install one by one to discover which one is.

Again, thanks a lot for your help!!!!! User uploaded file

Flash player does not run with Safari 5.0.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.