Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does the GB mean?

I am not familiar with iPods and the like but I would like to purchase one as a gift, and I have a question.

Is there any difference between the 8GB, 32GB and 64GB iPods apart from how many things you can save to it? Does getting more compromise anything else or is the only reason people would buy a smaller number because of cost?

Thank you.

Message was edited by: Jpdunford

HP, Windows Vista, I am going to get a MacBook Pro soon :P

Posted on Mar 11, 2011 2:35 PM

5 replies

Mar 11, 2011 2:59 PM in response to Jpdunford

If the person you are buying it for is likely to use movies a lot on it I definitely wouldn't go with anything smaller than 32 GB. My boyfriend was recently deployed overseas and wanted to load movies on his Touch since taking dvd's wasn't a very theasible option. Unfortunately, he only had a 8GB...normally, it wasn't an issue. He could sync when needed. This isn't an option while being deployed...and he was only able to fit 2 full movies on his iPod. He still had space left, just not enough to add another movie.

Mar 11, 2011 2:42 PM in response to Jpdunford

GB is gigabyte...some people buy smaller gb's because they don't need a lot of space (aren't into gaming or a lot of apps...don't have huge libraries,etc). Some do it to save money upfront. If you choose a smaller GB device and later decide you need more room you can't do anything about it except purchase a larger capacity iPod. It's more about convenience...are you willing to sync more often and not have a large amount of a massive library on your iPod at all times (for those that have large collections of course) or do you prefer having everything on you just in case you are in the mood to hear or see something and can't immediately sync with your computer to add it. It's all a personal choice. For me, more space in the iPod Touch format was something I wanted so I have a 64 GB. For my mother, the smaller capacity was more than enough.

What does the GB mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.