Skip navigation

Homesharing with iP4 and iPad sorting?

980 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2011 10:35 AM by mkummer RSS
mkummer Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 12, 2011 3:47 AM
Homesharing from my Mac to the iPhone4 and iPad is a great thing I long was waiting for it. It works so far with my rather big library - but strangely enough the movies and music etc. is sorted in a very strange way: it starts with letters S-T followed by the normal order of ABC. Seems to be a bug in iOS 4.3 or itunes 10.2.1. Anyone else has this problem? Any help or advice?
iMac 27 i7 - iPad 64 WIFI-3G - iPhone 4 32, Mac OS X (10.6.6)
  • turingtest2 Level 8 Level 8 (43,955 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2011 2:24 AM (in response to mkummer)
    Hi. The sort order is supposed to be A-Z, followed by 0-9 and other symbols. Also any leading article, ("A", "An" or "The" in English) is normally ignored for sorting. I recall a time where my iPod "forgot" these rules and used a plain ASCII sort. I assume there is some sort of configuration file on the iPod that encodes both the general and localized article rules which has become corrupt in your case. Try restoring the device. If that doesn't work, reinstall/repair iTunes and then try restoring the device again.

tt2
    Various PCs, Windows XP Pro, iPhone3GS iOS4.3.1, 160Gb 1.1.2/2.0.4, 30Gb 1.3, Nano 1.4 - iTunes 10.2.1.1

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.