Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac?

I just got a new Mac. My iPhone contacts are extensive and complete. I understand that if I want to sync the computer and the IPhone, I must make sure the computer is the source since all existing info on the iPhone will be overwritten.
I don't know what to do.Who can help me?
Thank you for any help User uploaded file

mac, Mac OS X (10.6.6), iPhone,iPod

Posted on Mar 12, 2011 5:03 AM

3 replies

Mar 12, 2011 5:05 AM in response to green lin

Before the first sync for this data, enter one contact in the Address Book on your Mac. Make the contact up if needed, which can be deleted later. This will provide a merge prompt with the first sync for this data, which you want to select. Syncing contacts with the Address Book is selected under the Info tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes.

Mar 27, 2011 6:49 AM in response to green lin

When you plug your iPhone into iTunes go to the info tab and then make sure you have sync contacts checked and then from the drop down box select one of the programs listed and then click apply. You should then be able to open the program you selected in the drop down box and your contacts should be there.
Besides what said above, a same article about [how to transfer or copy contacts from iPhone to Mac|http://www.softwarebbs.com/wiki/How to_transfer_contacts_from_iPhone_to_Mac,_copy_iPhone_contacts_onMac], which can help you transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac for backup.
Cheers.

How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.