Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb Directory Path

I have set up my 1st website ever using iWeb and it works fine. I'm a complete beginner at this.
where do I find the directory path where I created my website using iweb on my iMac?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.5), Macbook Pro, iPod Touch, iPad

Posted on Mar 12, 2011 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2011 5:24 AM

Hi there,

Do you mean the file which contains all of your data for your website (which is stored on your Mac) or the files which you have uploaded to the server?

Ben
13 replies

Mar 15, 2011 12:18 PM in response to Roddy

Click the site name at the top of the left column in the iWeb to get to the Publishing Settings page, I have done.

If you used the iWeb FTP you will see the path to the files on the server, the settings I have are server address, user name and password all with information in and protocol FTP but in the heading directory/path this is empty.

Mar 18, 2011 7:34 AM in response to Roddy

I have tried that but when I click publish site in iWeb it opens safari and comes up my url then my site name then /index.html with the error message The document name you requested could not be found on this server.

However when I type the url into the address link it brings up my website and the address it shows in the address bar is url/sitename.html some problem with one saying index.html and the other html

iWeb Directory Path

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.