Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sending aac audio files to garageband projects in iPad

how can I send aac audio loops from my mac to garageband projects in iPad?

Mac pro Two 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Mac OS X (10.6.4), FinalCut Pro Studio 3 / Logic Pro 9

Posted on Mar 12, 2011 4:50 PM

2 replies

Sep 7, 2012 12:33 PM in response to christian Frank

Although your post is a year ago, I started researching this myself recently. In an Apple One to One training, the trainer thought you should be able to transfer files via iTunes (several other posts on here describe how to do that). However, there is a definitive answer from Apple - you can't do that. I then started going down the same road as you - thought about bouncing to an audio file and importing it on the iPad version of Garageband. However, I quickly came to a dead end on this concept. Turns out all data must originate in exactly the same file on the iPad as the application - Apple does not provide a capability to allow anyone to touch that "environment" except what you import via iTunes. Currently you cannot move a garageband file from a mac to an ipad (only the other way around), and you cannot move any other data as well. So, I solved this by selecting the tracks I wanted on my Mac Garageband, turning on only those tracks to solo, and connecting a physical audio cable between the Mac output and the iPad input. Then I record as an audio track on the iPad - it's a big pain but it does work. I was wondering if you have uncovered any other way to do this since you posted last year. Thanks.

sending aac audio files to garageband projects in iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.