Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time signatures other than 4/4

Come on Apple. Not every song has four quarter notes per bar.
At least add 3/4 support. I mean, what if Bob Dylan wanted to record "The Times They Are a-Changin'" in Garageband for iPad?

1-2-3, 1-2-3...

MC700LL/A, Mac OS X (10.6.6), MacBook Pro Core i5 2.3 13" Early 2011

Posted on Mar 12, 2011 10:54 PM

5 replies

Jul 2, 2011 12:46 PM in response to Flocons de Mais

I found a workaround! Basically, I created click tracks in various time signatures, converted them to apple loops, and used itunes to make them available in GB 1.0.1...viola! I get a click track which follows project tempo in the following time signatures:

2/4, 3/4, 5/4. 6/4. 7/4, 9/4

5/8, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, 10/8, 11/8, and 13/8.

For reasons I am not clear on, this workaround causes the measures to actually line up with the tempo! One thing that doesn't quite work is that if you change time signatures mid song, the clicks either speed up or slow down depending on the change.

I don't know how to upload the loops, but I am willing to share. Email me and I can send them to you.

The only negative here, is that you'll have to sacrifice one of your 8 GB for ipad tracks to the click. Although, you could likely get rid of the click after a number of other tracks get put down.

skatsikas@gmail.com

Steve

Mar 1, 2015 7:14 AM in response to Mcdave1

Check it out.. They actually do have capability for ANY time signature!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgItoGeiopA

"The Times They Are a-Changin'"! 😁 You noticed the date of the original post? When the question was asked four years ago in 2011, GarageBand for iPad sadly had no support for anything other than a /4 signature. Luckily, that has changed with GarageBand 2.

Time signatures other than 4/4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.