Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4 keeps rebooting after 4.3 opdate - Help!

I have just upgraded my Iphone 4 to the 4.3 software and the upgrade process ran without any problems. The Iphone started normally, but after entering the pin-code the phone began to reboot - over and over again... I don’t even have to touch anything, the phone just keeps rebooting by itself all the time until it runs out of juice 😟

I tried to restore the phone, that process went fine too, but to my disappointment I ended up right where I started with the same problem… 😟

Does anyone has a way out of this? Help!

Samsung, Windows XP

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 8:29 AM

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808
11 replies

Mar 13, 2011 12:03 PM in response to Suswt

Thanks so much, but it didn’t work like I needed it too 😟

I already have restored the phone about 5 times. If I just restore it like it was a new phone it works fine. The problem begins when I try to restore to a previous backup, to keep all my information. Then it starts rebooting over and over again. Does this mean I have to start over again and loose my information?:(

Mar 13, 2011 1:44 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I tried it and it did it again! Now I have restored as new and the phone is empty… what a day 😟

Will I be able to reinstall anything now that my backup isn’t working correctly? Losing my App with all my codes is a huge problem for one. And if so any tips or links as to how to go about it and get them back?

Thanks for much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Mar 16, 2011 5:31 AM in response to Suswt

I have the same problem. I've bought Iphone 4, upgraded it to 4.3, started using and noticed, that it reboots permanently.
But my matter is a bit different: when i do not touch - everything is ok. I cannot catch any dependance between doing some special operations and rebooting, but the problem occcurs when watching youtube, surfing web, taking or whatching pictures, for example. It does not reboot every time at the same operations.
I tried to restore, backup the phone, but it didn't help.
The other problem is that I don't know if it's iOs 4.3's problem - the phone is new and I haven.t used it with other iOs versions.
Bringing it back to the store is also a big problem - I've bought it in Geneva, but now I'm away and apple stores are not available in my country.
don't know what to do (

Mar 22, 2011 9:25 PM in response to Suswt

I just updated my iPhone to 4.3 OS and I am having the same issue. Does anyone know if they have fixed this yet or working on it? This is extremely frustratingUser uploaded file Losing everything to deal with this issue is NOT on my list of things to deal with!! I hope that Apple is reading these to know they need to be working on this fix!

Mar 23, 2011 5:35 AM in response to Gen1016

"They" haven't done anything and won't. If you take your phone to an Apple store they will fix it or replace it. You might want to try a full restore first, as that is what the store will do before exchanging it. To do a full restore, first go to Settings/General/Reset - *Erase all content and settings*. the connect to iTunes a do a Restore as a new phone; do not restore your backup, which is probably corrupt. If you still have a problem without installing anything your phone is broken.

Iphone 4 keeps rebooting after 4.3 opdate - Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.