Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with the drums

I am having an issue were the drums often don't register a full hit. There needs to be a way to disable the volume effect for the drums. In trying to lay down a drum track for my song, I was going to start with the snare drum. Problem was about 20% of the time my hit would register as an ultra quiet hit, even thugh I hit it as hard as my previous time. Very frustration, doesn't seem to matter how hard I hit the snare, if I hit it 20 times in a row, 2 or 3 will invariably be almost nothing. With this problem being present, it is impossible for me to lay out a drum tack for my song. I have a iPad 1 and have not had any issues with it hardware wise that I know of. I don't see anyone else complaining of this issue, so not sure what the deal is. Are others able to lay down drum tracks just fine?

IPad 1, iOS 4

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 9:25 AM

16 replies

Mar 14, 2011 8:22 PM in response to HangTime

I would thank and compensate you, if that solved my issue, unless I an missing something it does not. Your proposed fixed seem to work great for keyboards. However changing it for the keyboard for not appear to effect the drums. There does not appear to be an equivalent control for the drum portion of the app. So while I must give you an A for effort, and C for partially on the right track, still an F for an effective solution for drum tracks, unless that is I am missing something.

Mar 27, 2011 1:45 PM in response to Ron Dorn

I am happy to read that I am not the only one with this problem.
Well, it is not only the drums that I have problems with. Also the other touch instruments just seem to not react properly, often when I hit piano keys hard, they just sound quiet.
I also thought that the accelerometer might be broken, or not sensitive enough. Because when I move my iPad 2 backwards when hitting, for instanse the snaredrum, it sounds as loud as it should when hitting hard.
Might the accelerometer be the problem or is it just the software?

Apr 1, 2011 3:18 PM in response to Ron Dorn

I love the new Garageband for IOS and the touch sensitivity is my one complaint too. I would like to be able to turn this off. To me one advantage of recording on an electronic device is you can be consistent with the volume of the snare drum on 2 and 4, etc. If I wanted imperfection I'd mic my live snare 🙂 I'm confident Apple will see these comments and make the change. It is a great idea that just doesn't work that great. Again the rest of the app is amazing! I plan to try the Apogee Jam for digital input soon!

Problem with the drums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.