Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble connecting Ipad to sky email

Hi,
I have been trying to connect my ipad to my sky email account, and have followed all the instructions in entering the correct settings on my ipad and enabled IMAP but my ipad will still not connect to my sky emails. When I try and connect a notification says the password or username is incorrect, i have changed the password and checked the username a number of times but my ipad will still not recognise it. If any one is having any similar problems or knows of a way to fix it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 9:47 AM

9 replies

Mar 13, 2011 2:21 PM in response to ammitch

If IMAP for your Sky is still not working correctly, then setup a new email account under Settings > Mail,.... > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange.

Then enter the following

Email: your Sky email address
Domain: Leave blank
Username: your Sky email address
Password: your Sky email account password

Description: Up to you what you enter here.

Click Next

Server: m.google.com

Click Next and now you can select what services you wish to sync with your iPod.

Mail: On
Contacts: Up to you
Calendars: Up to you.

You should have your Sky account running, on your iPad.

This is because Sky uses Google to provide their email hosting. Hope this helps.

Mar 30, 2011 1:47 PM in response to GeekPill

Hi geek pill,

I have come across setting up the exchange and I have also tried this for my sky account. Once set up in exchange I get a message box continue to pop up asking me for password for my exchange account, when type this in it says incorrect password. I have checked and confirmed password changed password and it still does not work.

It set up and works very well on my iPhone.

Any help would be great thanks.

Mark

Oct 19, 2012 3:06 PM in response to ammitch

Ammitch

I am having exactly the same problem it's really bloody annoying and Apple are hiding something. My iPad has worked perfectly well with sky email for well over a year now . Last week it went off, I think it's connected with the last upgrade. It is now utterly impossible to make the iPad connect, whereas my iPhone connects ok. It just ridiculous that Apple are saying nothing. The iPad software is clearly flawed.

Trouble connecting Ipad to sky email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.