Ive had the same problem, happned a few hours ago, it was fine this morning... Its worrying to see that there are A LOT of forums about this on the internet and everyone seems to say that Apple are very poor at responding and will not provide a solution to the problem. Ive only had my iPhone for 5 days and its already 'broken'.. Disgraceful. I hope Apple are paying attention to these forums..
I had the same problem. Apple did sort the problem for me however, and i found the service very helpful and quick. Follow the steps below:
1) Visit the Apple Store online:
2) Click Account in the upper-right corner, then click "Change account information" and sign in using the same Apple ID and password you use for the iTunes Store.
3) You should see your account-profile page. Under Method of Payment, remove all of the characters from the Card Number field. Do not change the expiration date or credit card type.
4) If you haven't already, select where you primarily use your purchases from the pop-up menu near the bottom of the page.
5) Click Continue. If you are asked to enter any other information, be sure to click Continue after making the updates so that your changes will be saved.
6) Make sure you're using the latest version of iTunes. It can be downloaded free of charge: http://www.itunes.com/download Note: Installing the latest version of iTunes will not affect your library or any items in your account that you haven't downloaded.
7) Click this link to open iTunes and access the Apple Account Information page: http://phobos.apple.com/accountSummary
8) Sign in to the iTunes Store using your account name and password.
9) On the Apple Account Information page, click the Edit Payment Information button.
10) Enter your payment information and click Done to save your changes.
*To ensure your account is functioning, you need to download a free item from the iTunes Store. To do this, navigate to the iTunes Store main page by clicking the Home icon near the upper-left corner of the window. Scroll down and click the "FREE ON iTunes" link near the bottom of the main page, then select an item to download.
Hope this helps everyone, woprked for me!
Message was edited by: cooknaris
My Account has ALWAYS been set up to make any charge to my PAYPAL account (which IS in EXCELLENT standing AND has unlimited fund source available). August 5th was the last of "THOUSANDS" of iTunes purchases over 4 years of service, and all of a sudden it says "This Apple ID is not currently eligible to purchase gift certificates"....can you explain that when PAYPAL has even been RE-Authorized to submit payments to iTunes....AGAIN!
Can anyone help? I tried taking off my credit card off the ipads of my 3 children but only 2 of them have the option for methods of payment "none" the 3rd one only has the 3 credit card choices. mc, amex, and visa. I was also able to put an itunes gift card on it and shows the $25.00 credit. What are my options?