Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rendering nodes not showing up in Qadministrator

Hello, i am new to the Apple Discussion Forums. I have a question regarding my Qmaster setup.

I have a Mac Pro model 1,1 connected to two Mac Mini's (Core 2 Solo, Snow Leopard and Leopard respectively). I have installed Qmaster on all machines, and installed all updates. The Mac Mini's are fresh installs. All computers are connected through a switch with manual IP settings, and i would like to use the Mac Pro as the Qmaster controller.

When i start the service on all computers (i do a reset first), i have set the settings as described by this guide:
http://www.macworld.com/article/49047/2006/01/marcchreateside.html
But in Qadministrator on the Mac Pro, when i add the Mini's with the correct IP under Preferences, they do not show up in the Service Browser. Instead it says "Not Sharing" in the status column in Qadministrator Preferences. Why can the Mac Pro not see the Mini's? I have tried every possible solution.

Does anyone have an idea about what's going on? I will be very grateful.

Regards, Gustav.

Mac Pro 1,1, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 4:20 PM

1 reply

Rendering nodes not showing up in Qadministrator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.