Skip navigation

Safari 5.0.4 - google page occasionally  unresponsive

1429 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2011 11:02 AM by Carolyn Samit RSS
Locomotief Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 14, 2011 7:27 AM
Using google, I search on a keyword, visit the first link, press back to return to the search results and click the next hit, go back and so forth. After two or three of these cycles suddenly the google page cannot be navigated anymore. Meaning buttons do not work, links are not clickable and the cursor cannot be placed in the textbox. Only option is to open a new tab and close the current one.

This problem arose recently, but unfortunately some changes to the machine came together i.e. update to Safari 5.0.4, the Java update and the installation of a new logic board (nvidia problem, runs great now). Some time ago I installed firebug, but worked with that for some time without problems.

I did empty cache and repair permissions, problem persists. Does anyone have any suggestions?
MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Safari 5.0.4

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.