Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 5.0.4 - google page occasionally unresponsive

Using google, I search on a keyword, visit the first link, press back to return to the search results and click the next hit, go back and so forth. After two or three of these cycles suddenly the google page cannot be navigated anymore. Meaning buttons do not work, links are not clickable and the cursor cannot be placed in the textbox. Only option is to open a new tab and close the current one.

This problem arose recently, but unfortunately some changes to the machine came together i.e. update to Safari 5.0.4, the Java update and the installation of a new logic board (nvidia problem, runs great now). Some time ago I installed firebug, but worked with that for some time without problems.

I did empty cache and repair permissions, problem persists. Does anyone have any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Safari 5.0.4

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 9:32 AM

Hi,

Try deleting Google cookies.

From your menu bar click Safari/Preferences then select the Security tab. Click: Show Cookies

Delete all Google related cookies.

Restart your Mac.

Carolyn 🙂
5 replies

Mar 14, 2011 9:48 AM in response to Locomotief

Ok..

Empty the Safari cache from the menu bar, Safari / Empty Cache or Command + Option + E on your keyboard.

If that didn't help, go to the menu bar again, click Safari / Reset Safari. Select the top 7 buttons, click Reset.

And check Safari / Preferences. Select the Extensions tab. If you have any installed, turn that off, relaunch Safari. Try Google.

🙂

Safari 5.0.4 - google page occasionally unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.