Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outgoing mail server - Mypostoffice broadband

Can anybody help me, I have recently bought an iphone 4 and I am unable to send e-mails from my phone. The incoming server is pop3 and the outgoing is smtp, which all looks to be ok but i am unable to send or reply to any e-mails.
I have use SSl = on and server port set to 465.
If anybody could help it would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rich

Iphone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 6:39 AM

1 reply

Mar 14, 2011 6:55 AM in response to bozza442

Your outgoing e-mails need to go through an smtp sever that recongnises you are authorised to use it.
If you have a home broadband provider, generally speaking you will not be able to send e-mail out using the smtp on your iPhone because it doesn't recognise your phone as being connected to it .
You will either have to get yourself an e-mail server contract with somebody (mine is with 123-reg for instance) or use the e-mail outgoing server setting you were provided with by your telephone network provider (mine would be smtp.o2.co.uk for instance)
I'm with Virgin Broadband at home but cannot send through their server unless I am connected to the modem i.e on my Apple Mac

For me it was much easier to pay £1 a month and get an e-mail address which I can use anywhere (at home, on the phone, abroad etc.)

Outgoing mail server - Mypostoffice broadband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.