Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable "Enhanced icon view"?

How do I disable the "Enhanced icon view" so that I don't keep accidentally pressing the Play button on videos and songs? And come on, who thumbs through a PDF at that size? I use QuickLook for everything, I think Apple are just doing this because they can, but I find it reduces the space I have to grab a file and drag it somewhere.

Its mainly the desktop where this problem occurs, is there a setting to disable it?

MacBook (white), Mac OS X (10.6.6), 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 7:18 AM

3 replies

Mar 14, 2011 8:14 AM in response to Hamper

You can use View Options to disable icon previews. For the desktop, click anywhere on the desktop or single-click an icon on the desktop to select it, then choose View Options from the View menu. Uncheck the "Show icon preview" option. For other windows, you can do the same thing, but if you want windows to not show icon previews by default, you also need to click the "Use as defaults" button.

Disable "Enhanced icon view"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.