3381 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2011 10:48 AM by StuntJoey
Thanks a lot for your help. I tried that as well, but it didn't help. I've now also tried another computer, different cables, different profiles on my computer, antivirus settings and so on. Nothing seems to solve the issue. I called Apple Support and they are sending me a new iPad as replacement.
I also had this problem where I was forced to restore the iPad and iTunes would not see the device after preparing the restore and update.
Per the instructions on this thread and within http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1925 I did the following:
1. From Windows XP task manager I stopped iPodService.exe from the Processes tab.
2. I deleted the iTunes folder from c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\Apple
Now the restore and sync has been going through just fine.
This is annoying however, as this is the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened after performing an iTunes update. Luckily I backup and sync about once a week.