Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emergency Call Button on Lock SCreen

Does the emergency call button on the iPhone lock screen call 911 or does it allow you to place a call without unlocking the phone?

20" Aluminum iMac, g4 ibook, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 3:23 PM

it brings up a call screen but you can only dial a emergency number nothing else will dial
14 replies

Oct 16, 2011 10:21 AM in response to donny

I see this is an old thread and I happened to find it searching for information about the "Emergency Call" button. I just got my first iPhone, a 4S, on Friday. I have had an iPod Touch 4 and iPad 2 for a while but they lack the "Emergency Call" feature so my question never came up before. Is there a way to make ICE contacts available when the phone is locked under iOS 5? I can see this as a useful new feature to the "Contacts" app if there was a way to mark certain entries as "emergency contact" which would then make them, and only them, available for browsing and calling from the lock screen.

Emergency Call Button on Lock SCreen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.