Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Podcasts still show up

I have several podcast episodes that still show up under my Podcasts entry when viewing my Mac via home sharing.

These episodes do not appear in iTunes nor do the files appear when I navigate to the itunes music folder on my Mac.

I have rebooted several times and given it some time to update with no luck. This issue seems sporadic and comes and goes.

Any thoughts?

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 3:25 PM

7 replies

Mar 25, 2011 12:55 AM in response to tbharber

I have suffered from this same problem, normally after an unexpected restart of iTunes.

Have solved it by running a particular Dougs iTunes script in one instance - Super Delete

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=removedeadsuper

Also, had another issue where I ran my own AppleScript to find the name of the Podcast and then delete it when the Doug's iTunes script didn't fix that one.

If you look at iTunes Music Library.xml in a text editor and search for your podcasts you will probably find some entries for them. But you need to get them deleted from the iTunes Library file which the scripts can do.

Deleted Podcasts still show up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.