1933 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2011 12:41 PM by Infinity103
What should be my list of actions?
Delete trial or leave it and install over it?
How should i manage a library in a trial in case i want to export it to a full version?
• Step one should be to determine whether you will use a Referenced or a Managed Library for Masters.
Use of a Managed-Masters-Library usually leads to huge Library and Vaults sizes slowing down hard drives operation at some point. I recommend using a Referenced-Masters-Library on the internal drive with Preview size set to be the size of your MBP display. Have two large external drives: one for Masters and Vaults and one or two for offsite backup of the Masters/Vaults external.
• Step two: If you choose to use a Referenced-Masters-Library you should make sure all Masters on the Trial version (if it has not already expired) are set to be Referenced. This will give you the smallest Library and least problematic changeover. OTOH if the trial is expired do not worry about it.
• Step three: Create a Vault for backup.
• Step four: Back up Masters that are not in the Vault.
• Step five: Buy & install the full version of Aperture.