Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove Geotags in iPhone 4 photos

Hello gentlemen and ladies and friends,

I don't seem to find a search query result under "remove geotags" in iPhone photo files. I don't want to post some of my iPhone photos on Facebook due to personal and security reason (don't want people to snoop around or knowing where I live in Canada). Not only that, I simply don't trust Facebook for some reason.

However, I would like to know if any possible way to remove geotag info in metadata or XML in Aperture. I realize that I forgot to "disable" the geotags in iPhone 4 the other night taking photos of my cooking result.

I would appreciate some guideline and suggestion and alternate way to remove geotags for only Facebook photos.

Thanks in advance! Have a pleasant, amazing evening (or day)!

Warmest regards, Brian aka Caramel Macchiato

Mac Pro | MBP Unibody 17" | Mac mini SL Server | iPhone 4 | iPad | TV |, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Adobe Design Premium CS5 | Ap 3.1.1 | ColorMunki Photo

Posted on Mar 15, 2011 6:01 PM

9 replies

Mar 15, 2011 6:41 PM in response to Caramel Macchiato

Hi Brian,

First choice -- and really everything else pales in comparison -- is to use the iPhone 3. For postage alone, I will supply one to you in exchange for your iPhone4. As I'm sure you can understand, due to current market considerations, the iPhone 3 I can make available to you shows some signs of use -- but, rest assured, this in no way affects its functioning.

Barring that, I suggest using +"Metadata→Remove Locations"+ . Location information shows in a couple of different places in the metadata, so you should confirm that this has the desired effect prior to posting your culinary delights on-line.

You might look into exporting without metadata. I don't use Facebook, so I don't know to what extent you need the other metadata.

Cheers.

How to remove Geotags in iPhone 4 photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.