Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera Roll Album cannot be selected

The Camera roll Album ( photos app ) located at the top of the screen, cannot be selected as it's partially hidden beneath a transparent grey screen with the title "Albums" on it!

This used to be ok before 4.3 but now the only way to select Camera Roll is via the Camera.....

Any ideas how to fix this stupid software stuffup

Message was edited by: nitpicker330

Message was edited by: nitpicker330

i-phone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Mar 16, 2011 2:09 AM

14 replies

Mar 16, 2011 3:38 PM in response to nitpicker330

To be honest these are the solutions that may or may not work.

First thing I would try is rebooting the phone by holding the sleep/wake button and home button for 15 seconds until you see the white apple logo.

If that doesn't work I would restore from backup. If that doesn't work I would restore as new. If all else fails take it to your closest apple store they may replace the phone for a working one..

Mar 17, 2011 7:12 PM in response to nitpicker330

Ditto. I can't say when I first noticed this but it's recent - I am guessing since iOS4.3. It is really annoying because I don't have my camera app on the same screen as the photos app,

Message was edited by: scharffen-berger

Mar 18, 2011 9:28 PM in response to nitpicker330

This happened to me the other day. I was able to fix just by quitting and relaunching the Photos app.

1) Press the home button once to get to the Home Screen.
2) Double press the Home button it to bring up the multitasking bar.
3) Click and hold on the Photos App.
4) Once the - signs come up on the apps, click on Photos to quit it.

When you relaunch Photos, I bet the problem will have cleared itself up.

Camera Roll Album cannot be selected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.