Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo of the yellow tinge my iPad 2 screen has. Defective?

I am on my second iPad 2 - the first one had a huge light leak from the bottom that the Apple Genius couldn't even believe. This second iPad 2 has a yellow screen - it's noticeable when using the iPad in the browser or any other app with white or gray backgrounds.

I am wondering if this is worth taking to the genius bar, or if Apple would call this "normal"? It's likely that I'll just return it and wait for them to get the supply chain under control. I purchased 2 iPad 2s on launch day, and the other one is perfect. Screen is clear white with no light leakage.

Pic: http://d.pr/EhsJ

13" MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.6), iPhone 4

Posted on Mar 16, 2011 7:53 AM

6 replies

Mar 16, 2011 8:06 AM in response to Glorfindeal

Yes I have heard that was the case on some iPhone 4s - I'm not so sure that's what's going on for iPad 2 - though I guess it's possible.

First, my wife's iPad 2 doesn't exhibit this issue at ALL. Second, I've used my iPad 2 pretty heavily since getting it last Friday, it's been nearly 5 full days and the issue hasn't lessened in any way. Glue 'evaporating' would lend me to believe the issue should get gradually better and better. This is not happening.

Nov 30, 2011 4:42 AM in response to Jeremy Riga

I do not agree about the glue, had the same yellowish issue with a 3GS and it never cleared up. My first iphone 4s was not yellow, the second 2 were extremely dark yellow, drasitc difference. After dealing with this with the phone, I don't even want an iPad anymore. The representative I spoke to said if my new one is yellow, I need to let her know. It should not be yellow. I heard they use different manufacturers and that is why some are yellow.

Photo of the yellow tinge my iPad 2 screen has. Defective?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.