Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NO problems with iPad2?

Anyone out there NOT have an issue with light leakage and/or yellow-ish tint on their screen? I realize this is a forum for solving issues so we are hearing a lot about those with, well...issues. But I am waiting for my iPad2 to be delivered (Friday) and wondering what the chances are mine will also be defective?

Macbook Pro (home) / iMac (office) / iPhone 4, iPad wifi +3G, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 16, 2011 7:59 AM

15 replies

Mar 16, 2011 8:11 AM in response to yankeegal

I believe that I read that about half a million iPad 2s have been sold. If even a very small percentage of those were defective (and that's too be expected), it's still seems like a lot.

However, the likelihood that you will get a defective one is still very small. Why borrow trouble by worrying about something that hasn't happened yet? Enjoy your day today. Enjoy your iPad when you get it.

Mar 16, 2011 8:15 AM in response to yankeegal

yankeegal wrote:
Anyone out there NOT have an issue with light leakage and/or yellow-ish tint on their screen? I realize this is a forum for solving issues so we are hearing a lot about those with, well...issues. But I am waiting for my iPad2 to be delivered (Friday) and wondering what the chances are mine will also be defective?

I haven't seen any iPad 2's with this problem. Remember, this is a forum where people who perceive that they have a problem are quick to respond. Those who have no problems are blissfully unaware that these forums even exist and certainly have no motivation to find them or post here.

Mar 16, 2011 8:38 AM in response to yankeegal

I guess i can safely admit mine is fine; 3G black 32gb.

But if you turn the brightness way up like past 75% in a totally dark room on a pure blank screen, you'll start to see the smallest imperfections.... tiny areas of light leakage, shadows of actual dust trapped underneath the screen, etc.

But to call those "problems" is really pushing it since its not practical everyday use. Not to mention no consumer product is ever "perfect," even from the mighty Apple. I just prayed not to have any dead pixels... so far so good.

Mar 16, 2011 8:40 AM in response to yankeegal

Hi yankeegal. No problems with my iPad 2 here . No yellow on screen and no light leakage. The way you can test for light leakage when you get your iPad is to google an image of a black screen from your iPad and save it. Open it up on your iPad in a dark room and look around the edges for any light.

Don't worry and good luck.
Ps I assume yankeegal is for the baseball team. If so sorry about Cliff Lee . Phils fan here.
Have a great day..

Mar 16, 2011 1:34 PM in response to yankeegal

I had an iPad 1st Gen which I sold one week before the release of the iPad 2 and I bought an iPad 2 last Saturday. I always set the brightness of my iPads to 1/3, so I was not aware of any issues until I started reading about the light leakage problems. Since I was getting a bit paranoid, I decided to turn the brightness of my iPad 2 to 100% with the lights off. I could see 4 areas along the sides which seems to be light leaks, but honestly I'd say they get less than 1/8" into the black screen and I perceive them more if I see the iPad under a sharp angle. When I returned the brightness to my normal setting (1/3) and look straight to the iPad screen I didn't see any prolem.

If this is like the iPhone 4 issues that some people reported, it will dissapear in a month after the screen bonding agent dries. Don't worry too much. Just wait for the iPad to arrive. When you turn it on the first time before syncing, if you have a problem you'll see it right there. Just take it one day at a time!

Mar 16, 2011 4:14 PM in response to yankeegal

Mine is good. Checked it and not an issue with mine-thank goodness. But I find it unusual that so many people are wiggin' out so much-according to those with the issue, they say the light leaks can only be seen in a very dark room and with a black screen on ur iPad. How many people use their iPad that way?? Does it affect normal usage? I'm not belittling anyone with the problem...just sayin'.

iPhoNettie

Message was edited by: iPhoNettie

Mar 16, 2011 6:50 PM in response to yankeegal

Hooray! I have a bouncing baby 16 Gb WiFi which arrived today (and I also got my Smart Cover in blue to go with the white iPad.) Opening the box was a religious experience 🙂 and all is well--gorgeous screen, great color, surprisingly good sound and easy set up on my home network (thanks to MobileMe).

I've just watched the Yankees on MLB TV to break in the iPad . . . Wow! and as a new iPadder I can't wait to see what I can do with this beautiful piece of technology.

My engraving says: "An artist is a dreamer consenting to dream of the actual world." (H/T Santayana)

Mar 16, 2011 7:15 PM in response to yankeegal

Mine was delivered today and got it setup tonight. Since my iPad2is an upgrade I restored from backup on initial sync. Worked perfectly...everything came over.

I have seen no screen problems. The changes in the weight and thickness are significant when using it and make it easier to use. Biggest difference for me is how much faster it is.

NO problems with iPad2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.