Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time capsule and network Scanner's

All the Time capsule topics related to network scanners are archived so I can't add my voice requesting something get done about all in one scanners.

I have an all-in-one HP 3180 which i purchased from Apple with a new MAC. I recently connected it to my new 2TB time machine but now I cannot scan.

Is it too much to ask that HP & apple work together to create a solution to provide for scanning support over TC. I have submitted a feature request but there must be a lot of us out there who want the printer to be able to do all the thing's it is supposed to do.

If it's possible to share the scanner when it's connected to a mac why not when it's connected to a TC.

MacBook 13" 2.4Ghz 4GB 500GB (aluminum Body), Mac OS X (10.6.6), 1 2TB TC, iMac (G4), MacBook (plastic), iPad, iPad 3G, iPhone 4.

Posted on Mar 16, 2011 11:56 AM

2 replies

Mar 16, 2011 12:11 PM in response to Mark Bateman1

Mark Bateman1 wrote:
All the Time capsule topics related to network scanners are archived so I can't add my voice requesting something get done about all in one scanners.

Unless your problem is identical to one in an existing post, it's rarely appropriate to tack a post onto an existing thread. Also, as Apple doesn't officially monitor this discussion group, this isn't the best place to request anything from Apple. Unless this is what you meant by "submitted a feature request", you might have better luck posting here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

I have an all-in-one HP 3180 which i purchased from Apple with a new Mac. I recently connected it to my new 2TB time machine but now I cannot scan.

Please don't confuse "Time Machine" (backup software that's included with Mac OS X) with "Time Capsule" (an Apple Wi-Fi router with an integrated disk drive).

Is it too much to ask that HP & apple work together to create a solution to provide for scanning support over TC.

I don't know. Have you contacted HP technical support? Does either Apple or HP represent that they support what you're trying to do?

If it's possible to share the scanner when it's connected to a mac why not when it's connected to a TC.

Perhaps because a Mac has specific drivers for such a scanner, while a Time Capsule doesn't.

Time capsule and network Scanner's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.