Skip navigation

New to Aperture: keywords and icons

1640 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 17, 2011 4:42 AM by Terence Devlin RSS
Jose M Olaya Level 1 Level 1 (145 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 17, 2011 4:03 AM
Hello, although i'm not a pro photographer, I decided to switch from iPhoto to Aperture (thanks to the cheaper price Aperture now has on the app store).

I have imported one of my iphoto libraries, the main one with travel pictures, and I have a couple of doubts.

1) How can I remove or hide the keyword bar that appear on each and everyone of my photos? (see attached pic for reference). http://dl.dropbox.com/u/112449/19809023848234/aperture.png

2) What do those icon on the right bottom corner of the photo mean?

For everything, I'm really loving Aperture.. it's great and doesn't have all those tiny limitations I kept on finding in iPhoto.

Thanks.
MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo Santa Rosa 2.4 ghz 4gb ram 160gb hdd + iMac 2.2ghz, Mac OS X (10.5)
  • Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10 (121,895 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 17, 2011 4:42 AM (in response to Jose M Olaya)
    1) How can I remove or hide the keyword bar that appear on each and everyone of my photos?

View menu -> Metadata Display -> Show Metadata

2) What do those icon on the right bottom corner of the photo mean?

That one means there's a keyword attached to the shot. There are a few others. They're explained in the mnual.

Regards

TD
    MacBook Pro 15 2.4 i5 / iMac 20" 2.66 C2D, Mac OS X (10.6), 8 gig RAM/ 4 gig RAM

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.