Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem with VGA connector, ipad 1 and 4.3

Since my update to 4.3 on my ipad 1 the VGA connector does not work more. Is a bug known ?

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 17, 2011 7:35 AM

21 replies

Apr 4, 2011 8:52 AM in response to lmp248

Same problem - iPad 1 since update to iOS 4.3 now shows "Not Optimum Mode" on video out to pico projector Samsung SP-H03. Have tried resetting, changing video-out from PAL to NTSC, Widescreen on and off, everything really.

Nothing works, very frustrated. I used to use this all the time.

If Apple are reading, please fix this - it's effectively broken what I used my iPad for.

Anybody any ideas if downgrading back to 4.2 is possible?

Apr 4, 2011 12:40 PM in response to HereIsTom

Hi Tom,
Downloading 4.3.1 now, will let you know how it turns out. One of the 'bugfixes' is apparently flicker when using the Digital AV adaptor, so they're obviously looking at video fixes.

Having said that it's not the digital AV adaptor that has the problem, it's the VGA one. I suspect that it's the inclusion of digital code that's damaged the VGA output.

I'll post back here when 4.3.1 has installed.

Apr 6, 2011 8:46 AM in response to varjak paw

** update **

I upgraded to 4.3.1, no change. The adapter still doesn't work with my Samsung SP-H03, either in video or keynote.

My best guess is that when Apple updated the dock connector to support the new HDMI adapter, they somehow broke compatibility with the analogue drivers.

I know it's a faint and unlikely hope, but if anyone from Apple is reading this I (and many others) would appreciate a fix - thank you.

May 5, 2011 2:16 PM in response to lmp248

I have a similar problem with iPad 2 and VGA. It does not work with my pico beamer 3M MPro 110 with no app. Neither with mirroring (ipad2 only) nor for presenting mode. I got iOS 4.3.2 and now 4.3.3 nothing. Also my old 15" VGA TFT - nothing. Only my HD LCD TV Set works with it. The intresting thing is, that our older iPad 1 / iOS 4.3.1 works fine with it. Tomorrow I will visit my local apple dealer to ask him.

problem with VGA connector, ipad 1 and 4.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.