Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage (Logic Studio) on a MacBook Air?

Anyone currently using Mainstage on a MacBook Air? I'm thinking of moving from a MacBook Pro to an Air for live performance. Thanks in advance...

iMac, iPad, MacBookPro, iOS 4, OS X 10.6

Posted on Mar 17, 2011 8:37 AM

4 replies

Sep 2, 2012 12:48 AM in response to frankmv

Hi!

Just got a MacBook Air and because this is the question I was myself interested about too (and didn't got answers clear enough), then I thought that I should give answer here.

Yes, it works.

I have a MacBook Air Mid 2011, 1.6 GHz and 2 GB of RAM and 64 GB of flash memory. In last trains we used MacBook Air with Mainstage and without any glitches.

Of course Your Mileage May Vary depending on what you use in MainStage, but we used

- Backing track

- Guitar effects

- Vocal effects

- Input monitoring for keyboards

I plugged Zoom R24 to MBA and plugged guitar and synth and mic to it. Synths played what can be heard from synth directly so there is audio track for keyboard what just goes through the MainStage (we have only monitors which are plugged in audio interface, eg. no different amplifiers for guitars, synths etc).

Guitar effects was taken from MainStage and also Vocal effects. I used default presets (American Metal and Female lead vocals or something) and no problem at all.

Also in one song there was Amp Designer track on whole output track and no problems.

So MBA Mid 2011 seems to be fast enough (at least for my usage) to play Mainstage without any problems. Note: you will hear a fan of MBA in playing session (after half hour or something when MainStage was on) but it is not a problem for me at least when we play louder than that Air fan anyway :-)

Mainstage (Logic Studio) on a MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.