Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari keeps quitting when visiting certain website

Hello
My safari keeps quitting unexpectedly when i visit a certain website, would anyone be able to help me with this please?

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 17, 2011 9:44 AM

8 replies

Mar 17, 2011 9:53 AM in response to Holly Chappell

Hi Holly,

Try here first. Safari: Unsupported third-party add-ons may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit or have performance issues

If you still need help, If Safari has just crashed, press the Report button on the CrashReporter dialog box to view the crash information.

Now copy/paste the entire contents of the Crash Reporter window into your reply here. If the crash report dialog does not appear or the crash is hard to reproduce, crash logs can be retrieved from the ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter> folder.

Carolyn 🙂

Apr 1, 2016 6:02 AM in response to Holly Chappell

IM using iPad 3 and having terrible trouble with one specific website. Www.buyee.jp

i have trouble opening with Google as well. The only way I could open was using a VPN connection on a different device - a MacBook.

I Have not yet upgraded to latest IOS version. I turned off JavaScript. Cleared safari websites and cache. Reset network settings. Clucked like a chicken and stood on one leg, while reciting TSEliot. Nothing worked. Please help. Thank u!!!

Apr 1, 2016 8:22 AM in response to Mapgeek

OK, Mapgeek --

You really should start your own new topic, as this one died an early death 5 years ago.

However, since that's the ONLY site giving you problems, and it opens just fine for me,

I would advise you to go to your Safari menu, above.

Then go to Preferences > Privacy > Cookies & data > Remove all Website Data > Details.

Find the cookies for Buyee and delete them.

Quit Safari immediately. Then reopen and try the site again.

Let us know how you make out, OK?

Safari keeps quitting when visiting certain website

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.