Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new iPad 1 for $340 or iPad 2

I'm getting frustrated waiting. I do not own an iPad yet and have held out for a while. A local seller has a new 32GB wifi iPad 1 for $340 cash. Not bad. Should I? I'm going to try again tomorrow morning at the Apple store for the iPad 2 ... but I keep thinking how much I'll save on iPad 1 ...

Another seller has a 64GB wifi/3G iPad 1 for $500 ... also tempting ...

Message was edited by: fudgebrown

Message was edited by: fudgebrown

iMac 27" i5 & Macbook Pro i7 17" 2.66Ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 17, 2011 12:12 PM

6 replies

Mar 17, 2011 12:22 PM in response to fudgebrown

It's really difficult to offer advice when we know nothing about your needs. But if your primary interest is in gaming, then I'd definitely advise the iPad 2. Benchmarks are showing its graphics performance to be much higher than the iPad 1. And of course if the cameras are of interest than the iPad 2 would be a must. For general productivity use - email, notes, web surfing, etc - then the iPad 1 might be just fine for you; mine has been serving me well in that role.

If you can post more about what your needs and likes are, or what is driving you to consider an iPad, we might be able to offer more informed opinions. Ultimately it will come down to what features you need and how much you're willing to spend for them.

Regards.

Mar 17, 2011 12:37 PM in response to varjak paw

Thanks guys. My needs are basically everything related to creativity, so photography portfolio, music, art, surfing. I do light gaming - not too much hard-core 3D driven stuff. I heard that Garage Band won't work on iPad 1 ... but youtube videos prove otherwise. Cameras would be nice, but not essential. I really want the iPad 2 .. my main issue is trying to buy one... I can't just walk into a store and buy one right now ... my other issue with iPad 2 is the light-leak problem I see coming up ... maybe I can wait out the iPad 2 for a few production runs and purchase iPad 1 for über cheap. Something though about buying the old iPad doesn't seem prudent, though.

new iPad 1 for $340 or iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.