Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can or will iBooks show the percent of a book read?

Sorry if this was posted somehwere else but I couldn't find any information on this. I would love to be able to see the how much of the book I've read so far in the form of percent read. Is this feature available now and if not could it be in the future with another update?

PC, Windows 7, N/A

Posted on Mar 17, 2011 12:55 PM

15 replies

Jul 18, 2017 12:35 PM in response to hellmooth

hellmooth wrote:

But the thing is, that if you want to save your progress in Goodreads, it does not match. For example kindle shows you percentage. In kindle you can use percentage to update your progress in Goodreads. In iBooks there is no percentage. There is only only number of pages that changes constantly depending on font type and font size. And that actually does not correspond to a real paper book.

Submit your feedback to Apple here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Jul 18, 2017 11:32 AM in response to tonefox

But the thing is, that if you want to save your progress in Goodreads, it does not match. For example kindle shows you percentage. In kindle you can use percentage to update your progress in Goodreads. In iBooks there is no percentage. There is only only number of pages that changes constantly depending on font type and font size. And that actually does not correspond to a real paper book.

Nov 17, 2017 7:59 AM in response to tonefox

Number of page changes depending on the font and font size. Number of pages in iBooks is not constant. If you'd like to share your reading progress with friends at Goodreads, it does not match at all, as at Goodreads they have fixed number of pages based on specific edition of the book. So only way to update progress is by percentage.

Dec 8, 2013 11:40 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

James, here is the value of using the percentage: Book tracking sites such as Goodreads have a option to track your progress based on percentage, as does the Kindl. With goodreads you can also track progress for page number, but the page numbers in iBooks are subjective and fluctuate depending on font size, orientation of device, etc... Also Goodreads uses the page number of the paperback version, so using percentage is a more accurate way to track your progress.

Apr 13, 2016 2:36 PM in response to tonefox

Percentage or some form of fixed page numbering would be a great feature (and is offered by other eBook readers). It's the only way that you can bookmark your place in a way that works across devices or even programs. I enjoy the plot of a book, but not always on the same device, or even the same program, all the way through.

Can or will iBooks show the percent of a book read?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.