Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Record podcasts with GarageBand?

One of the great built-in features of GarageBand for Mac was podcast recording; it could record podcast segments of up to an hour in length and export to iTunes. I use it all the time.

I love the new iPad GarageBand app, but it looks like it has a maximum song length of 320 bars. Is there a way to use GB (or a similar app) to record podcast audio longer than this?

Posted on Mar 17, 2011 2:31 PM

6 replies

Oct 15, 2011 4:26 PM in response to Jay Nungesser

I bought a USB BlueMic and Garageband for iPad to record voice overs and found that it really doesn't do the trick. I found that it keeps defaulting to have a metronome click track and breaking new takes into seprerate tracks, then playing those tracks back during the recording of the next take. Appropriate for laying music beds but irritating for recording of multiple takes of spoken word. It would be great if there was a simple switch over to podcast mode.

Any suggestions for apps that do the trick? Other than BlueFire which is a bit clunky.

Record podcasts with GarageBand?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.