Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Batch Change shortcut no longer working...

Hello,

When I type Command-Shift-B to select the Batch Change command, nothing happens. How can I get this command back? Which preference files do I have to trash?

Thank you!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 18, 2011 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2011 7:15 PM

Is that shortcut not working when you have several photos selected beforehand? At least one photo must be selected before the Command ShiftB shortcut will work.

It you still can't get the shortcut to work with photos selected close iPhoto, delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your Home/Library/Preferences folder, launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: If you're moved your library from its default location in your Home/Pictures folder you will have to point iPhoto to its new location when you next open iPhoto by holding the the Option key. You'll also have to reset the iPhoto's various preferences.

User uploaded file
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2011 7:15 PM in response to Bob Faulkner

Is that shortcut not working when you have several photos selected beforehand? At least one photo must be selected before the Command ShiftB shortcut will work.

It you still can't get the shortcut to work with photos selected close iPhoto, delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your Home/Library/Preferences folder, launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: If you're moved your library from its default location in your Home/Pictures folder you will have to point iPhoto to its new location when you next open iPhoto by holding the the Option key. You'll also have to reset the iPhoto's various preferences.

User uploaded file

Mar 19, 2011 8:09 AM in response to Old Toad

Hello,

I removed that file and two other iPhoto preference files I found there. Still, no shortcut.

I opened iPhoto in another account on this same computer to see if my keyboard might be the problem. Nope. Command-Shift-B works fine there.

I see I can also rebuild the iPhoto database by launching iPhoto with the Command And Option keys held down. Might that be able to solve the problem? Doesn't seem like it; but, there is an option to rebuild the permissions. Would that be any different than rebuilding permissions with Disk Utility? Doesn't seem like it...

Ideas?

Mar 19, 2011 1:13 PM in response to Bob Faulkner

First create a new, test library, import a few photos and see if the shortcut works there. It if does then your library is damaged. In that case make a temporary duplicate of the library and try the three fixes below in order as needed:

Fix #1

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your Home/Library/Preferences folder.

2 - delete iPhoto's cache files that are located in your Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto folder.

3 - reboot, launch iPhoto and try again.

Fix #2

Launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys depressed and follow the instructions to rebuild the library. Select options #1, #2 and #6.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

Fix #3

Rebuild the library using iPhoto Library Manager as follows:

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library
1 -Download iPhoto Library Manager and launch.

2 -Click on the Add Library button, navigate to your Home/Pictures folder and select your iPhoto Library folder.

3 - Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the File->Rebuild Library menu option

4 - In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.

5 - Click on the Create button.

Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments but not books, calendars or slideshows. The original library will be left untouched for further attempts at fixing the problem or in case the rebuilt library is not satisfactory.

Mar 19, 2011 1:33 PM in response to Old Toad

Hello,

Well, I found it! It is really silly; a shortcut conflict...

I installed Clip Menu a few weeks ago. As a default, it uses Command-Shift-B as a way to view its Snippets menu. I never use Snippets and so the menu was empty and nothing was shown. But, it did prevent iPhoto's shortcut from working.

Thank you for your help, though... Those suggestions and steps look really helpful. I must try to remember them.

Batch Change shortcut no longer working...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.