Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express Apple TV and free wifi set up

I have a vacation rental in a condominium and would like to set up Apple TV. I don't want to incur the cost of internet access. My husband has been able to pickup free wi-fi signal/s from the area for his laptop but the strength varies.

I was wondering if I can use airport express to pick up and offer a stronger signal. Then use the Apple TV with it. Would I need a Mac/PC to set it up? My husband has a pc laptop and I have a Mac desktop which I can't transport. Can I use my ipod touch?

imac g4 15 inch flat panel, imac intel, Mac OS X (10.6.5), mac os 10.4

Posted on Mar 19, 2011 5:39 PM

3 replies

Mar 20, 2011 4:55 AM in response to fosterm

So is the wifi actually there as a free wifi or are you just using someone else's who hasn't secured it. There may be problems with each. Free wifi often comes with restrictions, movie downloads my well be far too slow to be useful, you could try renting a movie on the laptop to test this.

If you are just using someone else's that hasn't secured it, you could of course find that they do secure it should they discover often and frequent usage.

Airport Express Apple TV and free wifi set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.