Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not connecting to PC at all

From a week my iPhone stopped responding to my PC. When I plug the cable in.. nothing. Not loading, not even a sound. PC has same reaction - no iTunes and no mass storage device.. And its not listed in the Portable devices. I've reinstalled iTunes, Apple Mobile Driver and EVERYTHING ELSE I found. I've readen ALOT in google for 4 days and still can't fix my problem. The funny thing is that it works on any other PC, but not on mine. On other PC's it connects, charges, syncs fine (with the same cable). I've tried another cable - still nothing.
I really need to fix this until tomorrow, since im going on a trip and when I plugged it on my school PC, iTunes deleted my music from the library and I have to go into the system folders to find it and listen.. and no playlists and things... I've tried everything and nothing worked.
I've even reinstalled my windows and still no connection. Please give me a solution..

P.S. I remember that last thing I did is that I ticked "Start iTunes when this device is plugged" on iTunes. Then I don't know if i plugged it in after that and if it worked.

Asus, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 20, 2011 4:05 AM

27 replies

Mar 20, 2011 10:38 AM in response to wizzyto

I dont have a clue, but I would try this (perhaps you have):

start Itunes , uncheck the "Start when device connected", restart Itunes, do not plug in phone till Itunes is up and running, insure you have a known, good cable - an original apple cable, plug the cable in as close to the motherboard as possible - that is, do not use a monitor port, do not use a multi-usb hub, do not use a front panel usb port, USE ONLY a rear panel usb port.

I realise that you note an ASUS (laptop I assume) so most of these are not applicable but you get the idea. Good Luck.

Mar 20, 2011 11:23 AM in response to wizzyto

I tried all of my USB's and im on a PC (just the windows reg is to asus watermark, dunno I like them but it has nothing to do with the company). I noticed that when I turn the phone off and connect it to the USb it turns on (as it should do), but when it loads still no connection. This means the cable is working, the connection is OK, but something prevents it from connecting to the windows or what?!

Mar 27, 2011 11:20 AM in response to wizzyto

Problem still persists, I tried to connect iPod Touch 2G too and it doesn't connect either. So any apple devices don't want to connect or what? This also excludes the problem to be from the iPhone.. ALL drivers are reinstalled, even windows and no success. I'll try to flash my BIOS now, hopefully it will work.

Mar 30, 2011 8:42 AM in response to NoraCamber

I found this on another forum: Can someone let me know if it works? Im not at my computer right now.

1) Go to Device Manager
2) Right click on the iPhone slot and click "update driver"
3) On the window, click next, then click the "advanced" option on the next screen
4) Check the second box and type in "C:\Windows\INF" (without quotes) in the textbox
5) Let windows install the driver
6) Connect to iTunes, if you get an error, turn off the iPhone while plugged in and turn it on again, it should work

iPhone not connecting to PC at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.