Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 - Crashing/turning itself off afterupdating to iOS 4.3

I realise this has been covered with battery problems, etc since 4.3 introduction. However, has anybody else had their phone crash/turn off without rhyme or reason? Also, is anybody aware if Apple are doing something about it?

iPhone 4, Macbook Pro, iPad 1, iOS 4

Posted on Mar 20, 2011 5:02 AM

4 replies

Mar 21, 2011 10:14 PM in response to seahorsespanner

I'm on my 4th phone since July. the last one started going black, then when I would try & power up, that apple would appear and hang>shut down>try to restart>hang>go blank. I would have to do a hard restore (home button & Power at the same time) several times before the phone would come to life. Once I got a grey screen with lines running down the left side. Once I was trying to edit my address book & it just shut down, another time while using google maps.

Very random events but several times a day.... Finally I went into Apple & told them I was about to go postal....they gave me a new one...

Mar 23, 2011 1:58 PM in response to seahorsespanner

Having same issue phone cuts off like the battery is dead. Battery can have a charge remaining from 17% to 88% so far and I have to connect it to the charger to get it to stay on. Once the phone comes on when connected to the charger (1 to 2 mins) it seems to work fine and shows the battery charge is the same or 1 point higher than when it cutoff. Next week if it is not resolved going to try an android... Wish me luck...

iPhone 4 - Crashing/turning itself off afterupdating to iOS 4.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.