Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

shortcut to a certain tab on Safari?

In Safari, Is there a way to go to certain tab number something, a la Firefox and Chrome?

MacBook Pro 15 inch (bought in 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Mar 20, 2011 5:51 AM

19 replies

May 7, 2012 9:30 AM in response to shroudlupe

I googled a lot, but couldn't find anyone that uses FF the way I do: that's together with the extension TabMix Plus, configured to always switch between THE LAST 2 VISITED TABS when pressing a certain keys combination (Ctrl+Tab in my case). This is very useful for quick copy-paste operations and I got so used to it I cannot live without it.

Even more, TabMix Plus displays a list of opened tabs when pressing Ctrl+Tab and then releasing only the Tab while still holding Ctrl pressed. I can further navigate forward / back into the list by repeatedly pressing Tab / Shift+Tab. When I release the Ctrl key, the selected tab is focused.

I know that in Safari Ctrl+Tab, Ctrl+Shift+Tab and Cmd-Shift-right/and-arrow navigate the tabs from left to right and viceversa. But It's just very primitive and slow, feels like stone age and brings nothing.

Do you know any way to at least get the basic functionality in Safary (of switching between THE LAST 2 VISITED TABS)?

Jul 28, 2012 7:48 AM in response to bbarzu

@ra5ul:

hmm, Swap Page works not so great!

it switches between two tabs, but they are not the last 2 tabs I chose. For example if I am on tab1, I am swaping page to tab2, then swaping page back to tab1 - it works. but if i choose with the mouse tab3 and then pressing the keyboard shortcut to swap page, then I expect to go back to tab1, as this is the last tab I visited before going to tab3.

Instead, it swaps back to tab2. Which is not what i want. So i think the bug might be the fact that swap page does not include also the tabs visited using the mouse as last visited tabs. Could you fix that please?

shortcut to a certain tab on Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.