5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2013 2:55 AM by Dakota Drummer2
jamesdiego Level 1 Level 1
Unfortunately the Zoom H4n is not recognized when I try to use it as an audio input device for Garageband for Ipad. I do have MultiTrack on my Ipad and the H4n works quite well as an input device for it without problem, so I know it is an issue with Garageband as opposed to a problem with the Ipad and OS. It does however need a powered usb hub in the chain.
  • heimo0815 Level 1 Level 1
    I had the same problem: Zoom H4n is not supported in GarageBand. In contrary to you, it didn't work in MultiTrack either.
    I used the power adapter of the H4n, so I didn't think I need a powered USB hub. Now I read this in your post, and I gave it a try.
    With the powered USB hub the H4n now works both in Multitrack and in GarageBand!

So it can't be a general issue of GarageBand. Are you using iOS 4.3?

Heimo
  • quochuy Level 1 Level 1

I also made it to work with a powered USB Hub but you don't need to plug in the power adapter, just the hub is enough.

• Michael Alvord Level 1 Level 1

Do you have a recommended powered USB hub?  Or will any do?  Thanks

• quochuy Level 1 Level 1

Any powered hub should do the work but the one I bought is AC Ryan USB2.0 Hub Pocketsize with power adaptor 4-port

• Dakota Drummer2 Level 1 Level 1

I have ipad 4 and am trying this with a powered USB 2.0 hub and an Apple Connection Kit but it does not seem to be recognized by the ipad in Garage Band.

Do you have any suggestions?