2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2011 3:10 PM by Smokerz
Lou Hosta Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
Have a Mac Pro 2007 with a Cinema Display. Recently after a sleep cycle the screen will not start up. If I force quit the computer and IMMEDIATELY restart it the screen will not start. If I keep the computer off for 10 or 15 minutes everything start. You would think that the video card is going bad but I'm not sure it is this because I can play World of Warcraft for hours and the screen is always on. I keep the fan and fins clean on the card so it doesn't overheat. Any idea why this happens after sleep and how do I fix it?
Thanks,
Lou

MacPro 2.66 GHz dual, Mac OS X (10.5.1)
  • Lou Hosta Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
    Addendum to original message: I thought this was only a problem when the computer was in sleep mode. Last night I shut down the computer. This morning the computer monitor would not turn on after starting. I shut down the computer holding in the power button. I started it again ten minutes later and everything was fine.

Have a Mac Pro 2007 with a Cinema Display. Recently after a sleep cycle the screen will not start up. If I force quit the computer and IMMEDIATELY restart it the screen will not start. If I keep the computer off for 10 or 15 minutes everything start. You would think that the video card is going bad but I'm not sure it is this because I can play World of Warcraft for hours and the screen is always on. I keep the fan and fins clean on the card so it doesn't overheat. Any idea why this happens after sleep and how do I fix it?
  • Smokerz Level 6 Level 6 (9,410 points)
    Two ideas but I can't be very specific:
    1) try osx earlier version and determine if problem occurs.

2) do a smc reset> power manager

3) maybe the power supply is going

video card is ok