Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick Time MPEG-2 Playback Component lost, how can I download without payi

During a recent re-installation of OSX Leopard I lost this component. I still have the key for it but don't know how to apply for it without having to pay for it all over again.

I tried to go the purchase route hoping to find a box addressing that issue, i.e., entering the key so as to get the download for free, but there's no such feature.

Apple offers no email tech site - even to those subscribed - and calling them is useless since I am heard of hearing.

Thanks for any tips on how I can regain hat component.

iMac v.X, Leopard, Gateway XP2, Toshiba laptop Win7, Mac OS X (10.5), Panasonic VDR-D300 mini-RAM vid cam, Fuji Finepix S1600,DSL

Posted on Mar 20, 2011 11:52 AM

4 replies

Apr 13, 2011 11:57 AM in response to birdy176

Thank you guys for the response.
Unfortunately I did not get notified of your replies and purchased a new version yesterday after getting the old installation costs credited.

Unfortunately, after downloading the dmg file and getting the "successfully installed" notification, I cannot find it anywhere. I had it on my dock with an icon looking like a film director's striped paddle which is now missing.

Thanks!

Quick Time MPEG-2 Playback Component lost, how can I download without payi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.